Who here goes bananas when the adults in your life tell you to go out and get some exercise? If you’re not on the path to becoming a marathon runner or professional athletes, what does that even mean?! What if you don’t feel like getting exercise? What if it feels cozy and safe in beds, under a fleece blanket, watching TikToks?
TBH, There’s room for everything in life, the fleece blankets and the exercise. The reason other people can be so annoying about getting exercise is because they may know something we haven’t learned yet, and if you don’t believe us just ask the folks at Harvard:
- Exercise reduces the body’s stress hormones: cortisol and adrenaline.
- Exercise causes the body to produce endorphins, chemicals in the brain that make us feel good and feel less pain.
- Endorphins from exercise can make us feel relaxed and optimistic -- yup, you read that right, even for you glass-half-empty-folks!
- Physical activity can lower our risk of health issues, such as diabetes and heart attacks, and even strengthens our bones.
- It's linked to living a longer life!