Increased fitness comes with increased movement and intensity. For some people, that can mean going for short workouts to longer ones; for others, it means going from none to some. Believe it or not, scientists have shown that “exercise snacks” - little bites of physical activity - can increase fitness in just a few weeks.
Multiple snacks of four minute exercise bursts over the course of the day can increase our strength and stamina. The goal is to get at least 30 minutes of exercise in a day, but it doesn’t have to be 30 minutes in a row… and it can be longer than 30 minutes, too! But exercise snacking can be super convenient if you don’t have big chunks of time, so here are some examples:
- Hosting a freeze dance competition during a lunch break.
- Climbing a few flights of stairs instead of asking someone who is already upstairs to get you the charger.
- Doing a one-minute plank, maybe even with the dog watching.
- Playing hopscotch in our driveway - alone or with some neighbors.
- Jumping on a mini trampoline.
Leave a comment
All comments are moderated before being published.