First of all, let’s refer to it as physical activity or moving our bodies instead of exercise. Exercise sounds like work: no fun and boring. It also makes us feel like there’s only ONE way of doing it right - a hardcore, full on workout like going for a five mile run or taking a 45 minute Peloton class - when really, there are so many ways to move. It doesn’t matter what we choose as long as we choose something!
Some less-than-traditional exercise ideas are here - just try to do them intensely enough that you find yourself huffing and puffing a bit.
- Go for a 30 minute walk with a friend or our dog or while listening to our favorite music.
- Learn a TikTok dance and make a TikTok with a friend
- Have a dance party in between classes in school or while video chatting with friends.
- Try a dance class (IRL or virtual) twitch music you love. Remember: no one has to be good at dancing to love it!
- Find an old jump rope in the back of the closet, turn on some music and try jumping - you can do one long stretch or short reps for 5 - 7 minutes, 3 or 4 times a day.
- Take a hike somewhere beautiful - if you’re groaning because you’re not a hiker, give it a chance because it is so much better than it sounds!
Leave a comment
All comments are moderated before being published.